Friday, June 13, 2003

Heard over the radio that Gregory Peck passed away. He was 87.
Remember him? I remembered him as Atticus Finch from "To Kill A Mockingbird", the movie based on Harper Lee's book. It was a good movie and it was a good book.
I remembered the court room scene; the scene where he shot the rabid dog (its name just eludes me now); the last scene where Boo Ridley finally came out of his home. He was a fine actor and I hope that he is in a better place right now. What were the names of the 2 children now? I know Scott was the girl but just cannot seem to remember what was the boy's name. Can you?

Sometimes life is like that. Everyone seemed to be disagreeing you; the odds are stacked against you; sometimes even your loved ones might think differently from you. But true courage would be to do what you believe is the right thing; to go ahead and do something because you are true to yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home