Sunday, July 04, 2004

I did a great job if I should say so myself.

I guess the best compliment I could get was from the Captain of the ballroom, whom I had the pleasure to work with, while coordinating the wedding.
At the end of the night, I went up to him and said thanks.

He told me,"Hey, you can really work man. Are you married?"

"No."

"Well, then, this whole function room is booked and waiting for you."

It was terribly tired. I had been on the go since the break of dawn and I did not get back home till after midnight. But I really enjoyed what I had done and how everything had went off without too much of a glich. It was a beautiful affair and the guests really had fun. First time I saw people getting up to dance to the live band. And the dancers were not the young as you would have come to expect but they were middle age women and men, some even gray-haired, who were there to celebrate the union of a loving couple. Sigh... it was a sight to behold and I am proud to know that I played a significant part in it happening. I like what I saw.

And to think that I almost passed up this chance. A couple of weeks ago, I just could not bring myself to be part of something which I probably will not have a chance to be part off for sometime. Yet, at the end of it all, I realised that I did play a big part in the whole event. I was a part in the couple's lives. I am their friend and I am glad.


Oh, and more signs of me growing up and learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home