Tuesday, April 05, 2005

what will you do?

i was once asked a very interesting question.
would you marry a person out of gratitude?
for example, at a time when you needed money most, maybe to pay for your parent's life and deathe operation, this person who had been really nice to you but you had no feelings for, came and paid for the whole op, room boarding and all. he even paid for all the follow-ups and he looked after your parent well too. so, would you marry the person because of that?

my friend would do it. me? i can't.
does that make me a ungrateful person or just one who follows my heart?


i'm a friendly person. i try to be nice to everyone i know and around me.
some time back, i found out that a colleague sort of liked me, well, because i was nice and all that. unfortunately, the feeling was not mutual. it was then that i made a decision that i will not give her and more ideas to encourage her. so i try to avoid any situations whereby she will mistaken any of my intentions. conversations became casual and contact became minimum. some of my other colleagues thought that it was not so nice of me, but when i asked them what would they do in my position, they kept quiet. i opted for this because i did not want to do the nasty and go up to her and tell her,'hey, i know you like me, but you know... the feeling is not mutual.'
well anyway, thats the way it has been since. i did not want her to get the wrong idea, and so i made this choice. it might look cruel, i admit, but i think it is effective. after some time, she will move on. i follow my heart...

another cooling day, ain't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home