Sunday, August 29, 2004

David thought back to last night. She had cried in his arms and he knew that it was something that was coming. She had left her soulmate for the last 5 years. It was hard on her and she needed to release. She did. It was a short cry but it did her good.

David understood what she was going through. it was a feeling he had come to know well in recent months. Believe me, letting go of a 5 year relationship, whatever the reason, is never easy. I do not think that she came to the decision lightly. There is never a good or bad reason to start or end a relationship, is there? I have known of friends who had left their mates solely because they have 'lost that feeling'. How do you explain that? I have known of friends who had gotten married after less than a year of courtship because that 'feeling was there!'. Go figure, some might say.

I say, don't bother. Just go with it. if you have done all that you feel you can do and it falls apart, I say, stand up and give it another shot. Never give up, until you cannot do it anymore. THEN... try one last time.
if the feeling is there, hey, work on it and make it A FEELING! Then go along with it.

David has not lost any of his idealism after all that has happened.
In the ideal world, in an ideal relationship, love alone, is enough.


I don't think I can explain or understand what I am going through right now.
Many times, I say but i don't explain, because I don't know how.
Many times, I don't speak, not because I don't want, but I don't know how.
Many times, i don't know what to feel, not because I don't want, but I don't know how.

But I really am happy for some of my friends around me. I do believe that they are leading good and happy lives now, and for some they are going on that path. For those who are still searching, i say, be patient, with those around you and with yourself. Don't be too hard on yourself. I do believe that God has put us here for a reason and I doubt that the reason is for us to feel lousy for the rest of our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home