Thursday, August 26, 2004

I never thought that it would affect me this much.

The yearly appraisals are in. I was told by my manager that i had not put in much thought and heart into my appraisal this year. She said that could it be because I knew that it was not a promotion year?

I never did crave for promotions and having a high management role. In fact, I am happy where I am. Getting a promotion was the furthest from my mind. I like my work and I do it, not because of getting more pay and a promotion. Those are just bonus for me, since my work is rewarding enough.

I could not tell her in person because I could feel the emotions welling up.
I wrote her an email telling her that I was sorry. I was distracted and getting promotions are not that important to me. I told all about what is bothering me. I am not looking for sympathy. I just feel that she should know why. I am not hoping for a better appraisal because I feel that she is a fair person and will grade me for my work. I deserve what I am getting and from what I see, it is good enough.
Yet I feel that she should know, because in a way, she is a friend. I am making no excuses for myself. No excuses are needed.
I am professional enough to do what is right. I promised to work hard, work wise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home