Monday, October 30, 2006

break in

someone broke into my house on saturday morning. yep, you heard me right.

it was at about 8 plus in the morning. can you imagine that, in broad daylight? i was sleeping soundly because i was working till about 4am. i suddenly heard some commotion and my mum shouting. i leaped out of bed and ran downstairs. i saw my mum trying to open the front the door and i noticed that the window in the dinning area was opened. i immediately knew that something was wrong since we almost never open that set of windows. my mum was also shouting 'robbery! robbery!' and thus that sort of confirmed everything.

i followed her out the door, trying to catch a glimpse of the burgalar. no signs of him at all. i called the police next and the arrived after 10 minutes. they came and started to take down my mum's statement and they got a inspector and a fingerprint expect enroute.

I heard my mum's statement. she was sleeping when she heard some loud noise, sort of like somemore opening and closing drawers. she did not think much of it because our neighbours upstairs are known to be rather noisy. but she started to have a bad feeling so she got out of bed. she opened her bedroom back and she saw a man just walking down the stairs. he was dressed in bright yellow traditional malay costume. she was stunned for a while because she could not make out who was this person. then she suddenly realised that it was not right and she started shouting at the man. the man quickly jumped on the dinning table and out the window, same way he came in from. that was when i was awoken and i saw my mum chasing him, but through the front door.

the police was at my place for the next 3 hours. the inspector came and he asked my mum somemore questions. they then went around to the rest of my neighbours and asked if anyone had seen anyone suspicious. it was quite surprising even to them that it took place at 8am, in broad daylight. apparantly, one of my neighbours opposite my house saw a man wearing a bright yellow traditional costume but he did not suspect anything. it is after all, hari raya period.

my mum did not think much of it till much later in the day. she must have realised how lucky she was since the man could have easily hurt her instead of running away. she is now quite afraid because the window locks have proved to be quite unreliable. i will need to get something to secure the windows even more. she now sleeps with her bedroom door locked because she remembered that the man actually opened her door.

sometimes, we just think that everything is safe and good. sometimes, we just take things for granted, in this case, security. who can imagine that this will happen? scary...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home