Tuesday, October 07, 2003

By all means, bitch about me not updating my blog more often. No no no, seriously, do it, because I deserve it.
Well, just don't ask me why because I myself am not able to give you the reason. 2 of those weeks were probably because I was not in town.
1 month since...

An email to a friend of mine, that was what I had been reminding myself since the weekend. Just a pretty good friend whom I met up with. The friend was able to give a very frank and self-opinionated take on certain matters. I appreciate that and realised that my views were different. Different and not necessarily right. Then again right and wrong are often subjective. Real life matters always comes in shades of grey, don't they?


My letter to a friend, only this letter will remind here, on this site, in words and never sent out. Subjected to the availability of the host server, this letter should be here long enough for a few to read...

Dear Friend,

It had been a very interesting 6 years. That is the amount of time we have known each other. If you want to be exact, probably it all started on 8 July 1996 (as provided by you). It had been one hell of a roller coaster journey with many lessons learnt. Along the way, we have had lots of laughs, numerous at the expense of each other. Then there was the testy period when we had to endure each other's idiosyncrasies, which admittedly was really trying. But I have gone on and learnt to appreciate you more and more as a friend of mine, a very close friend, of mine.

You would be a year older in a couple of days time. We are not what people will call 'old men', instead we are in the prime of our lives, but we have grown quite a bit, both physically, mentally and emotional. I am very happy to know that I have grown, with you.
By saying 'Thank You' again would be repeating myself for the countless time. So I guess I would dispense with that.
Looking forward, I can feel that things are looking brighter (no pun intended) and and better for you. Its good and I am very happy for you. I guess its high time.

I am blessed to have a friend such as you. Happy Birthday...

wings...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home