Saturday, November 29, 2003

Jim: Ever thought of what and where you would be 5 years from now?

Jeff: Man, not one of those questions again?

Jim: What? Its a plain and simple question. What do you mean 'one of those questions'?

Jeff: What I mean is why this kinda clique question? I remember the last time someone asked me that was at a job interview. The interviewer will go," So, where do you see yourself 3 years from now?". Then I will have to go something like," Well... I hope to still be working at the company and in that time, would have proved myself worthwhile of a senior position, even a management position."

Jim: You said that? Man, you really think you can make manager in just 3 years?

Jeff: Hey, I said maybe manager or a senior position. Not necessary manager.

Jim: You would have to be really good to be a manager in just 3 years. Either that, or the company is a fairly small company.

Jeff: What do you mean? Small company? Why small company?

Jim: Sigh. In a small company, it would probably be easier for you to get promoted mah.

Jeff: Get lost man! If you have the ability, you would be recognized, small or big company. Whats up with that man?

Jim: I mean, it would be relatively easier. In a big company, there are more people to choose from, so promotion is a little difficult.

Jeff: Forget it man. I would not want to argue with you over this. I'm just going to drink my tea.

Jim: Ok.

Jim: So you still have not answer me yet?

Jeff: Answer you what?

Jim: Where would you be in 5 years time?

(Jeff looks away and sips his tea)


So what about you? Where would you see yourself in 5 years time?
At work...
At play...
Your health...
Your family...
Your life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home