Saturday, September 18, 2004

nearly, very nearly
today, i nearly lost it.
lost what? you ask? i really can't tell. just that i knew i was just there, on the edge.

i have no idea why. this whole week had dipped me lower and lower till friday. i tried, god, i tried, but for once, just this once, after so many months, i felt realy really hopeless, in the face of it all.

this was a really really lonely week for me. just when i thought that i had it licked, it turned around and licked me big, 1 big sloppy one.
it is today that i questioned myself, whether i was really happy when people seen me, or was it all just a mask. i really really don't know the answer to that.

A long time friend asked me out for dinner. he was someone whom i could depend on and used to meet often enough, once a upon a time. but i could not bring myelf to meet him today. i guess i did not want to bring him down with my mood.
my colleague was pretty frustrated with work today and she came to complain to me about it. i listened to her. after that, she said that i was a good listener and that she was grateful. when did i become a listener and not a talker? i have no idea...

i never have this problem, at least for the last 3 months, but like i said this had been a trying week. i was just walking along back to work when i saw this couple in front of me. just a normal young couple, pretty much in love. they were walking and holding hands.
suddenly, i began to think of what it was like to hold hands; to have a warm body to cuddle up to; to have a nice person to hug; to have the person you love... to love.
there was just this longing... but another part of me, well another part of me, just feels so detached.

i don't know what i am evolving into and i don't know if i like this evolution.
i need some assurance that i am all right. thats how bad it has become, that i need others to give me assurance about myself.
laughable... but i can't laugh.

sorry if i can't help you much because i think i have my own set of problems. that problem is me.

1 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read this particular entry and felt a connection...dun know how to articulate it..but the lonely feeling is there too, even tho there's someone by my side. Add to that, ain't feeling right about certain things recently...
sometimes, when a couple's together, it's obvious that they love and care for each other, in some, it's more obvious from one party, for some, it just ain't there, are the ways of showin love universal? I guess not, but at least the basic care and oncern should be there? or not? will u intentionally hurt someone u care abt? if i love someone, does trust come naturally? - winns

 

Post a Comment

<< Home