Thursday, September 02, 2004

I did not have a choice of where I was to be born.
I did not have a choice of what race I was to be born as.
I definitely did not have much of a choice of how I was to be brought up.
I could not choose my parents, not that I am complaining.
I have no choice, well not much at least, that I have to study till for 16 years and then toil in the fields for the next 30 plus years.
I had no choice that the carpet was pulled from under my feet when I was half way down the road towards getting married.
I cannot control how others perceived me and what they think I should or should not do.

But at the end of the day, I do have choices.
I can choose to wake at this time everyday.
I can choose what I want to do and eat.
I can choose to go anywhere I want to during my weekends.
I choose what I want to say.
I can choose how I want to feel.
I can choose what I want you to see of me.
At the end of the day, I choose to be happy, I choose to be sad. I choose to be like so, simply because I chose it.
have you made your choice today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home