Thursday, July 03, 2003

Story...

(Jim driving and Jeff in the passenger seat next to him)

Jim: Mmmm... that was a good dinner right?

Jeff: Yep. Very good. How did you find out about this place?

Jim: Well, Sue and I used to maken there. She loved the food there.

Jeff: Sue? You guys parted 1 year ago. You still think about her?

Jim: Not really.

Jeff: Then why you still go back there?

Jim: Because the food is good? Hello... thats why I go back there. Because the food is good.

Jeff: Sure, the food is good.

(Slience for a while)

Jeff: Hey, I thought you did not like to eat sushi.

Jim: I don't used to.

Jeff: But you had sushi back there. In fact, you had 2 plates of it.

Jim: I did? Hmmm... maybe its because when Sue and I came here, she liked to order them. She made me tried it. Subsequently, I just eat it whenever I am there. Force of habit.

Jeff: Sue made you eat it and you did?

Jim: Yep. And I'm glad I did because I found that it was actually quite good.

Jeff: Ok.

(Slience, as Jeff looked out of the window)

Jeff: Hey, this is the long way to my home. Why did you not take the CTE?

Jim: Oh, sorry. I must have taken a wrong turn back there. Nevermind, you'll still get home.

Jeff: You took this road so that you would pass Sue's home right? There, right there, she lived there, that block just behind the community centre, right?

Jim: ....

Jeff: You still think of her a lot right?

Jim: Not really...

Jeff: You still speak to her?

Jim: Of course. We still talk from time to time. In fact, we just met for dinner 2 weeks ago....

Jeff: But?

Jim: What but?

Jeff: Thats a 'but' somewhere there...

Jim: sigh... but its never the same.

Jeff: Take it easy man. Be like me, just chill. Move on man.

(Silence)

Jim: What about you? You still think of Samantha? How is she?

Jeff: I would not know. Have not seen her for... 3 months?

Jim: Don't you think of her? Not even a bit?

Jeff: Neah...

Jim: Are you sure? You can tell ...

Jeff: Ok. I'm here. You can drop me here.

Jim: You sure? Your block is at the next street.

Jeff: No problem. I'm quite full, just want to walk a little. Thanks man. (Opens car door and just before closing it) Hey, thats a good song playing on the radio.

Jim: Good song? Hmmm...

(Jim drives off as Jeff looks on)

Jeff: Yep, good song. Sam's favourite. And I don't think of her a bit. I think of her a lot, everyday... bye man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home