Sunday, June 29, 2003

OK! Finished all my shopping over the weekend. Its cool. Spent like hundreds of dollars for shirts, pants, bermuda and 2 pairs of shoes. Not too bad at all, if I should say so myself.
I would not really call it a revamp of wardrode but at least I have some new 'life' in the closet now. By the way, if you guys out there need to buy shoes, go to Peninsula Plaza. The place is not too crowded and the sales staff there are nice. I got my shoes from there and there are about half the price off those you see in town. Not kidding.
I went to Queensway first hoping to find my shoes but the sales people sucked big time and it was way too crowded.


When I was in the army, in my unit, there was an officer who liked to scold us all. He always said that he preferred the Hokkien peng to us 'air' level people. For the uninitiated, it meant that he liked those hokkien speaking soldiers (who normally did not have tertiary education) as compared to those who did 'A' (air) levels. Why?
Well, his reason was simple. When he gave an instruction, the hokkien peng will go straight down to doing the task. As for the 'A' levels? Well, they will spend half a day planning and trying to find out what was the best way to do things, who should be doing what and how best to finish the task in the shortest time. By the time they started, the hokkien peng have already finished the task. Tells a lot about us huh?

Sometimes, it is good to plan. Other times, we should consider throwing away all caution and just dive in. Hey, the only way to really find out if the water is cold or not is to dive in and not just dip your little pinky toe in. Maybe, that nasty officer of mine did have some truth to what he spoke of. Hmmm... food for thought? Which reminds me that it is almost dinner time. Hope you have a good dinner now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home