Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Heh heh heh...
My cousin told me that I am writing too much sad stuff. Is it? Can it be that my life is that sad? Cannot be, because I remembered having a lot of happy times. Oh yes, I did not write about them. Hmmm... let me let you in on some of my happy times then.


There was a time, during my U days when we were on Industrial Attachment. A group of us would always meet on Friday where we would have dinner and sometimes we go have a drink or two. One particular time, I remembered rather vividly. We actually met at World Trade Centre where we had dinner. Then we went over to the Harbour Front with a tub of Haagen Daz Rum and Raisin (one of me fave) and a couple of drinks (non-alcoholic, mind you). We just sat there on the bridge to Sentosa where we gorged ourselves with ice cream and we talked till pretty late. Can't recall what it was we were talking about but I do know that it was rather fun and it was good. Ice cream, good friends, talk and all under a clear starry sky. Ahhh....

A period of happy times would be during the exam period in 4th year of my U days. Yep, quite amazing but it was during the exam times when we had such fun. A huge group of us would be studying together and it was like communal living. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner together. Everyone was helping everyone with their studies and it was good. In between, we had lots of fun talking cock. Even managed to play street soccer in the mist of all the studying frenzy. It was good and we still think back to the good old study days. Back then, we were all a little crazy.

Ever took leave just to chill with a love one? Just to spend the day watching a movie and then going for a nice little dinner. To just go to ECP and have a nice little fish and chip dinner followed by a walk on the beach. To go to the end of ECP beach, the part where the planes fly directly over you. They are so close, you can actually see the tail logos clearly. To take a walk around the Esplande area and just look out at the cityscape at night. To search out wild dogs in the industrial areas just so we would feed them. Always felt that the dogs there are a little underfed.

My good friend and I held many conversations where words are not exchanged. Sometimes, we just sit in a nice little coffeeshop in the middle of anywhere and we sipped our teas. No words are said, but what we heard and listened to was plenty. Those were good times and in a way, it made us happy. I know him much better now and I hope that it is the same for him.

Sometimes, I can still hear my dad's laughter. Now, my mum is starting to smile her beautiful smile again. In fact, she can even bring herself to laugh a little. I'm glad.

These are my happy times. There are plenty more, but I just cannot recall them all, all at once. We all have our happy times and our low point in lives.


I'm listening to this song right now, don't think anyone of you out there will know lah. Here is the chorus...

" I don't need to be the King of the world, as long as I'm the hero of this little girl.
Heaven isn't too far away, closer to it everyday.
No matter what your friends might say ....

I don't need to be a superman, as long as you will always be my biggest fan.
Heaven isn't too far away, closer to it everyday.
No matter what your friends might say ... we'll find our way... "

- Heaven by Warrant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home