Wednesday, June 25, 2003

From the moment I was introduced this song, I felt so strongly for it and I feel in love with it. The lyrics are powerful enough and I can relate to them. The song is quite specific in its subject but looking at a broader sense, you can apply it in any way actually. Its in mandarin by the way and those who know me would know that I don't really listen to much mandarin songs.
This is more or less a translation of the chorus and it might sound a little weird but believe me, it sounds really good and right in the song.

" Letting go is knowing when to admit that its a mistake,
I should not still hold on to it.
You have the freedom to walk away,
I have the choice to lead my life well.
Letting go is knowing when to wipe my tears dry and look to the future,
Looking for a new direction to move forward.
The world is so wide
I know that one of my dreams will eventually come through."

- Jie Tuo by Zhang Hui Mei

Ok ok, its not exactly the best and most flowing of all songs but hey, like I said, its a mandarin song. It sounds really good and the lyrics are as meaningful as they can be.

I listen to this almost everytime I drive home. It soothes your soul, consoles the person and warms the heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home