Sunday, June 22, 2003

What a weekend, and it still have at least 12 more hours to run!

I'm just having this terrible migraine. I seldom get this, must be using too much of my mind, which many of my friends would say is every rare indeed. Oh well, an idle mind is the devil's workshop and I definitely do not want to be the devil's advocate now, would I?

A trio of friends of mine was just telling me how I was actually a woman trapped in a man's body? What gives? I mean, face it, if you were to see me, you would probably think that I am more related to the apes in the zoo than more of a woman.
They told me that I have the advantages of both men and women. That I was probably more intelligent (since women are the more intelligent of the 2) and that I would probably understand women better. At the same time, since I was technically a man, I do not need to worry about putting on weight and stuff.
I say, if thats that case, than I would have taken on other traits as well. Being too emotional, too sentimental for my own good. So, is it good or bad?

The moring weather is rather good today, I wonder if it will rain? Looks like it. Ahhh... I really need to go to the beach. I really need a tan. Maybe one of the days, come this week, will be a good time. I can't wait.

I hope my friend does not mind me relating this incident. It just stayed in my mind after I heard it.
Man and woman had some issues with their relationship. Been dragging on for quite a while. Both man and woman really did have strong feelings for each other but some things are just keeping them from going on. One fine day, the man probably asked that the relationship come to an end. He still loved her but maybe its better this way? Woman answered,"I don't know whether to feel mad or to feel sad right now."
Man replied,"Be mad, its easier."


Call me picky or even fussy. Maybe I like to nitpick at everything. But I have spent my life searching for perfection. Not just in myself but in everything. I can find traits in my friends which would make them the perfect friend, the perfect wife/husband, the perfect father, or even the perfect person. But nothing is perfect. Its a matter of whether you can overlook that imperfection.
I have searched long and hard for the perfect partner, or well, the close to perfect partner, since you want to nitpick as well. (,")
I don't think I have high expectations, but expectations I have.
I realised that finding a close-to-perfect partner is not the hard part. There are 'perfect' people out there all around! Its the staying together that poses a problem, ain't it?

I am an idealistic person who likes to watch lots of movies. In the movies, after lots of hardship and hardwork, the man almost always gets the woman, right? Nowadays, some movies even show the woman working to get her man.


"Love like flying, is a dream that must not come true, because heaven must always be out of touch to be meaningful." - The Stolen Child, by Colin Cheong

How true is that? Does something have to always be out of touch in order to mean something to us? Is it true that the apple hanging on the highest branch will always be the sweetest one of them all?


I have come to a significant point in my life. Responsibilites have been added, decisions have to be made. I cannot just be living my life for myself now. But sometimes, I do pray that there is someone else, walking hand in hand with me down this well trodden road. It is going to be an interesting 31 days and I will relish it.
I'm wondering, in a circus, could the clown be the saddest person around? If he is entertaining others, who is going to entertain him? Hmmmm...


The time to do a stock check of my own life is approaching. I wonder how I would fare? The least I would hope for is that I have made a mark (a good one and not a bad one!) in all my new friends I have made over the past year. At the same time, I wished that I have been there enough for my family and my good friends.


One day, all of us will be able to walk hand in hand with someone we love, down to town. Do a bit of shopping and then watch a funny movie, followed by a nice little dinner in a cosy cafe. Then we would take a little walk on the Sheares bridge (because it is absolutely beautiful when you look out over the bridge at the Esplande and the cityscape at night), talking about the movie, shopping and making plans for the next day. You would sneak a kiss and your love one will give you a hug. After all thats done, both would go back to the place where both of you call home. It would be a place where both of you know that your love has come home and it is where it will stay.

I think I have rumbled on enough. I better go take a pill for me headache. I got to stop this thinking. I am using up all my brain power for the year!
I wonder if there is any medication to soothe the heart?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home